There’s nothing wrong with you wanting to feel more safe and secure, but you need to find the fine line between being cautious and scaremongering. So if you believe having some kind of security system will help you stay calm, and at the same time you would like to rely on solar power instead of electricity, we think you are in the right place.
We present you with solar-powered security cameras you can use for surveillance of your backyard, parking lot, or some other areas around your home or working space.
They are created for multiple purposes, but the best thing is that you can easily take them with you wherever you go, even to off-grid places like the countryside or a construction site, because these cameras don’t need any kind of wiring.
They work on the sun’s energy that’s generated through the solar panel into the rechargeable battery. Given that you can install the system on your own, you won’t even have to hire professional help, which will save you some money as well.
10 Top Rated Solar-Powered Cameras
1. Reolink Argus 2 + Solar Panel
- No wires needed
- Easy to install
- Good quality and advanced night vision
- Works with Google Assistant and Alexa
- Accessed via free Reolink software
The camera has good quality and advanced 33 feet of night vision, so you will get crystal clear videos with a 130° wide field of reach. The starlight CMOS will guarantee you a safe and secure home system that can be set up with a magnetic base. This is a new-age solar panel-based security camera that works without wires and is very easy to install without the need for drilling on complicated mounting.
It has a beautiful modern design, an excellent solar panel that will provide it with a non-stop power supply, and a rechargeable battery. The great thing is that it works with Google Assistant and Alexa, but this one is not included in the package.
Everything the camera records will be saved at the 64 GB SD card and on cloud storage, so you will be able to go through your clips whenever you want. This way, the risk of losing all your footage won’t exist, and you won’t have to worry about privacy leaks. Keep in mind that the system support only 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.
The camera can be accessed by a remote via free Reolink software. Thanks to that, you can live view or playback the security footage by using your smartphone devices, iOS, or Android. Reolink app is completely free for the camera system clients, and a monthly subscription is not required. Up to ten family members will be able to access the surveillance camera simultaneously.
2. Soliom 1080p Home Wireless IP Cam
- High-quality and waterproof made
- Two-way motion detection technology
- Full HD video quality
- Excellent night vision
- Two-way talk
You can now have the security system without the need to spend money on large bills since this camera is self-sustainable and works entirely on the power of the sun. It has a built-in 4000mah battery and an exclusive technology based on two-way motion detection that will reduce false alerts. It works like this – when the camera detects some motion, it will send an alert to your phone. Then, the footage will be saved in a memory card or the Cloud.
We present you with the upgraded version of the SOLIOM home security camera that has solar panels integrated into it. It has a fantastic and super cute design that will remind you of the little airplane, and it’s made from high-quality materials that are waterproof and can withstand extreme weather. The camera can work at the temperature from -4℉, to 140℉, which is outstanding.
It has advanced 1080p full HD video quality thanks to multi-layered glass lenses. The camera has an automatic setting that will switch from day to night mood, and its excellent night vision has 33-49ft visible distance. If you adjust the PIR sensitivity to high, the camera will catch the motion quicker and more accurately within its 8-15 feet range.
This security system is very easy to install, you just need to follow the instruction manual. It implies downloading Soliom free app so you can remotely monitor your garage, yard entrance, garden, home, office, or some other area all the time with live view video. The best part, however, is the possibility to have two-way talk, to hear and speak to anyone that’s in camera range.
3. Fuvision Wireless Camera
- Controlled remotely
- Advanced motion sensor
- Infrared night vision
- HD video with date/time watermark
- 110-degree angle reach
The system has an advanced motion sensor that’s built-in and based on new high technology, so it will send you an alert whenever it detects something in your backyard, garage, patio, or another secured area. The entire video material will be saved on an SD card that is not included in the package, which means you will have to buy it separately. Here is another super modern solar-powered security camera that is Wi-Fi enabled, which will give you a chance to control it remotely.
Anywhere, anytime, if you want to, you can stream real-time videos or download footage to your smartphone. All you need to do is to set everything up, which is a piece of cake job, and to install an app that will allow you access. But know that there are no monthly fees or any kind of service contract.
There is an infrared night vision built-in inside the camera that has a range of up to 36 feet. But besides that, there are some other excellent features as well – a full HD crystal clear video that even has a date/time watermark, auto switch day to night setting, and wide 110-degree angle reach.
The camera is made from high-quality ABS plastic that can resist all kinds of weather, from rain to extreme heat. It has a 10400mAh rechargeable battery with high capacity that will record and send the alerts only when some motion is detected. That way, no battery power will ever be wasted.
4. Yeskamo Solar Powered IP Camera
- Built-in rechargeable battery
- Wide viewing angle
- Advanced motion-sensitive dual sensor
- Installation parts included
- One-year warranty
It has a very wide viewing angle, which will significantly reduce the number of blind spots, as well as an advanced motion-sensitive dual sensor that has the ability to detect objects with heat signatures. You will have to download the CloudEdge app and to establish a wireless connection between your phone and solar-powered security camera, to get the alerts if anything, like humans or animals, approach your property.
The Yeskamo security system has two separate parts – the wire-free camera and a small but effective solar panel that needs only three days of non-stop sunlight exposure in order to work for the entire month. The device has a 6000mAh Panasonic rechargeable battery that’s built-in, and it works well with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi. But have in mind that if you watch a live stream, often you will consume much more power.
The package includes all necessary parts for installation, as well as an instruction manual, so you will be able to set it up all by yourself. And since there are no wires or electric cords, your exterior will look just fine. The camera, just like the solar panel, is waterproof, so it will work fine even if it rains, and it has a high-quality metal housing with great standard workmanship.
It comes with a worry-free warranty for one year and technical support as long as you have it. The two-way audio system will give you a chance to talk and hear anyone who is in its range. It creates excellent 1080P full HD quality videos with an opportunity to manually zoom in to see all the details.
5. Reolink Go 4G-LTE Mobile Security Camera
- 110-degree wide range
- Full HD vision
- Supports 4G-LTE and 3G networks
- Great night vision
- Smart motion detector
The camera can be charged by solar panel or by a universal 5V 2A phone adapter, but neither one comes with the package, so you will have to purchase them separately. Keep in mind that you should buy Reolink solar panels for them to be compatible. Reolink solar-powered wireless security camera has a full 1920x1080p vision with a 110° wide range, and it supports 4G-LTE and 3G networks.
With a rechargeable battery and waterproof design, it will suit you for any kind of surveillance needs, like the one at your home, your office, backyard, parking lot, RVs, trailers, etc. It’s 100 percent wire-free, and it doesn’t require internet access.
It has a great night vision that reaches up to 33 feet, and thanks to the advanced two megapixels starlight image sensor, this camera will be able to catch all the details during day or night. Also, it has a smart motion detector that will warn you if anything’s going on around your private property. The system will send you alerts via email, sound alarms, or customized voice messages if there is something you should see if any motion is detected.
Like most of the new age cameras, this one too has a two-way audio option. The built-in speaker and microphone will allow you to listen and speak with any person who is in an optimum range of the product. If you place in the SD card, you will be able to save all the footage and to go through them anywhere, anytime.
6. Mycommand Solar Trail Camera
- Long lasting battery
- Excellent sound quality
- Sensor trigger
- Waterproof, shockproof, and dustproof
- Mounting parts included
The camera can capture 12MP images, and it has excellent sound quality, which will ensure you clear footages. If you want, you will be able to save them by using a standard size SD card up to 32GB. Regarding the night vision, this particular camera has an auto IR filter, which means it will deliver superb quality footage. Also, it uses a 2.4inches LCD screen enriched with 262K color, so the vibrant display cannot be questioned at all.
Now, this is something a bit different. It’s a security setting that has a spy camera and solar power pack from 2500mAh that can keep camera recording day after day, without worrying that the battery may run out because it can last up to six months or even longer. The design is quite rough, without modern touch, which isn’t so unexpected given it has a specific purpose.
If you like to hunt, this is something you will appreciate for sure. This security setting has 0.5s trigger time, and it has a 90 degrees cover angle, which will allow the camera to detect any small movement. With it, you won’t miss anything. Thanks to sensor trigger every time, there will be three photos captured.
The set is, as expected, waterproof, shockproof, and dustproof. It’s super durable, so no matter what the weather is like, or if any accident with it happens, it will continue to work and to provide you with much-needed surveillance footage. The package includes manual as well as all mounting parts, so you won’t have a problem attaching it anywhere you want.
7. Enster Camera With Motion Sensor
- No wires needed
- Easy to install
- 30 feet motion detector
- Great HD resolution images
- One-year warranty
There are no wires included, and the setting up is super easy. It will take less than five minutes to install it with the help of basic tools. The camera comes with double-sided adhesive tape that will allow you to place it wherever you want. It has a motion detector that works up to 30 feet, but the best part is that any movement that happens in a range of 9.8-16.4 feet will turn the security light on in a second.
This solar-powered backup camera will give you the security you need for your home area or some other private property you want to keep on the eye. It’s a 3-in-1 product – a camera, light, and a solar panel. This self-sustainable product works on a sun-generated power that’s saved up in a 2500mah battery, so you won’t have to pay the electricity bill for these two.
Since it is another smart device, the camera will start recording only when there is some kind of motion, so it won’t waste the battery without good reason. The footage will then be placed on an SD card, which you have to purchase separately.
This security camera has fantastic HD resolution images you will be able to scan remotely, in real-time through the mobile app. Unlike some previous articles, this one has only a one-way audio setting, so you will be able only to hear what’s happening in the camera range. It comes with a one-year warranty, so you will have an option to return it if you are not satisfied with its service.
Finding The Best Solar Security Cameras – Buyers Guide
Three things are for sure – you want your security system to work on solar power, to be mobile and in your price range. If you are a rational person you will find what you are looking for, just make sure all other boxes are checked as well – great footage quality, wide range camera, motion sensor, upcoming alerts, etc.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Solar System
Just like any other security cameras, these solar power-based ones are also used for surveillance. If you are looking for a way to make your home or some other place a safer area, this is something you should definitely consider.
But having in mind that this system can be used to monitor and protect all those remote areas and off-grid places where running cables would be overly expensive or even impossible, it seems like the benefits of solar security cameras are huge. This way, you can see what’s happening on your construction site, your barn, RV, rural house, etc.
Some researchers have shown that they are used for some other, non-typical purposes, like for automatic number plate recognition in urban areas by police, for monitoring the interior of reactors in the chemical industry, for keeping track of the employee’s actions by their employers for preventing bullying and vandalism inside the classrooms, etc.
Placement & View Angle
You have to think about two things regarding this matter. The first one is where you want to put your camera, so it provides you with maximum protection, and another is where to locate your solar panel, so it has the best possible access to the sun throughout the entire day.
If you have a device that combines these two in one, you won’t have a problem with this aspect, but in case these two are separated, you may find yourself in a position to rethink the location of the camera because the panel needs to be both close to it and exposed to the sun.
Also, before installing the system, think about the angle you want to be covered by the camera. Usually, they are able to catch a wide area, but depending on the location they are set in, there might be some blind spots, and you want to avoid that.
Wired Vs. Wireless
Before determining what type of security system you need, you have to be aware of the difference between wired and wireless solar-powered cameras. The greatest advantage of wired security is the fact they cannot interfere with wireless signals, so they are quite reliable, and they are great for huge properties.
If you have more than four cameras, this will provide them to be well-linked. But, the wireless system will give you the much-needed mobility and the opportunity to install it wherever you need it at that moment easily.
When it comes to this type of solar panel-based camera, you should know that they need to be placed in your Wi-Fi range in order to provide you with a real-time forage you can see on your phone or computer wherever you are. In other cases, you will need to have an SD card installed so the video material can be saved for later search.
Important Features To Look For
Q: How Do Solar Surveillance Cameras Work?
They are pretty simple, actually. They are made with an integrated solar panel or with it as a separate piece of equipment. They are small, have a built-in battery, as well as a Wi-Fi connection to your smart devices. The solar panel, or the camera itself, needs to be placed at a spot that has a lot of sunlight during the day, so it can generate it into the power device will work on.
The camera will record what’s happening around your private property, usually with a range of 30 feet, and if it has a motion detector, it will alert you via an adequate app you have to install if anybody is approaching.
Some of them also have speakers and microphones, so you can hear the people that are in the range of the camera, but also speak with them. The footage can be recorded and saved in an SD card or on Cloud, so you can later search through the material, but thanks to modern technology, you should always have real-time access to it.
Q: What Are The Benefits Of Solar-powered Security Cameras?
The benefits of using solar-powered security cameras are huge and multiple. First of all, there is no wiring or cables, so the aesthetic of your outdoors will be preserved, and the installation is very easy. You won’t need to hire any professional help because you will be able to set it up with the help of a manual and some elementary tools.
Second of all, most of them have motion sensor, as we previously mentioned, so not only will the system start to record and save the footage, but you will receive the message or email if someone is sneaking around your house.
Given the fact they have a quite wide angle, there won’t be blind spots if you place them properly, and since they are almost always waterproof and high-quality made, you won’t have to worry about the bad weather and if it’s going to interfere with its work.
The new-age technology provides them with excellent images, so you will be thrilled with those made while the camera is on night vision. The obvious thing, the fact that they work on solar energy means that you won’t have to pay for electricity for this purpose, which is undoubtedly great.
Q: How Much Money Will I Save With A Solar-powered Security Camera?
We cannot say the precise amount, but long term, the amount will be significant. Having in mind that surveillance cameras should be working non-stop, day and night, the electricity they would use would leave a memorable mark on your electricity bill. This way, by using only the energy of the sun, you will save yourself quite some money for sure.
Q: Where Will Be The Surveillance Footage Stored?
There are two options. You can use a camera with an SD slot and save all the footage on the SD card. You will be able to playback the material and manage the video later on. Or, you can set up the cloud storage and save the footage there. It will allow you to access it anywhere and anytime if you have an internet connection.
Q: Are There Government Incentives For Solar-powered Security Cameras?
Solar security cameras with clean power sources are getting great attention and becoming very popular because the public is becoming more environmentally conscious. In order to encourage that and to stimulate more people to adopt solar power technology, the governments of some countries, such as Canada, the US, or the UK, are offering some incentives like tax credits, FIT programs, rebates, etc. for installed solar devices like cameras.
If you were thinking about setting up a security system based on solar panels, but you were not ready to make a decision, we hope we gave you everything you needed to do it finally. There is no doubt that the benefits of using this kind of device are huge and numerous, so the only question is when are you going to try one.
They will definitely keep your property safe, save you a lot of money, and make it possible to relocate them to the places you need to protect the most at the moment.
If these weren’t enough, check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- The only smart camera optimized for the garage.Controller Type:Amazon Alexa.Connectivity protocol:Wi-Fi;Bluetooth.Power source type:Ac/dc
- Works alone or adds live or recorded video and motion notifications to any myQ connected garage door opener
- Garage Climate Performance operates in extreme climate range of -4 to 122⁰F.
- Magnetic mounting base with optional adhesive easily attaches to garage door openers and shelves.
- Easy Bluetooth setup quickly connects to the myQ app to view footage.
- 【2K HD & 65-foot Night Vision】 BOIFUN solar outdoor camera, equipped with 1/3 CMOS color sensor, can provide 2K ultra-high-definition images and...
- 【PIR Motion Detection & Real-time Alert & Two-way Audio】 Using the upgraded Al algorithm and PIR sensor, the wireless security camera enhances...
- 【360°Coverage & 4X Zoom】 The PTZ solar security camera supports 355 degrees horizontal and 120 degrees vertical rotation. By controlling the...
- 【15000mAh & Solar Powered & 100% Wireless Installation & 4dbi Dual Antennas】 BOIFUN wireless outdoor security camera, equipped with a...
- 【More Functions of Security Camera Outdoor】 You can simply share the cameras with your families with a QR code. After being activated, the solar...
- CELLULAR OUTDOOR SECURITY CAMERA - Monitor any remote locations where cellular signal is available with a fully wire-free outdoor security camera that...
- INCREDIBLE BATTERY LIFE – The built-in solar panel technology paired with the long-life rechargeable battery pack to deliver incredibly long battery...
- UPDATES IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND - Photos are captured when the motion-activated sensor goes into action and they are then sent to your mobile app...
- SIM CARD INCLUDED - Just set it up and let it get to work. No need to purchase a SIM card from a third-party service provider, all VOSKER...
- THE POWER OF AI - VOSKER SENSE AI Image Recognition helps identify potential threats or security risks with simple filtering options that make...
- 【100% Wire-Free & Non-stop Solar Powered】Built-in rechargeable battery and 2.4G HZ wireless long range WiFi antenna, no any trouble of wiring and...
- 【Remote Monitoring & Multi-user sharing】1080p HD video infrared night vision cameras for home security surveillance, remote operated and live view...
- 【Instant notification & Wide Angle View 】Small and smart cordless camera built-in highly sensitive PIR detection sensor, once motion detected, it...
- 【No monthly Fee & Encrypted Secure Data】Without any additional storage subscription fees, it built micro-SD slot and supports up to 128GB Micro SD...
- 【Magnetic wall mount & Weatherproof】Equipped with magnetic wall mount, very easy to install outdoors and exterior house front porch or garage...
- 𝐏𝐚𝐧 𝐑𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟏𝟖𝟎° : Have a Field of View up to 270° by ANRAN's innovation Pan 180° Feature on fixed...
- 𝐍𝐨 𝐖𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐍𝐨 𝐇𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐥𝐞: No electrical wiring jobs. It comes with built-in rechargeable batteries of large...
- 𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐩 𝐈𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐐𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲: Equipped with a great HD image sensor and optical lens, great image and video...
- 𝐒𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐏𝐈𝐑 𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧: Be notified instantly when it detects unexpected...
- 𝐔𝐒-𝐁𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝: US-Based support via phone and email. US-Based cloud...
- Forever Power, Solar Style: Sunlight each day is enough to continuously power SoloCam S40, so you never have to worry about changing the battery. And...
- Light Up the Night: The ultra-bright 600-lumen spotlight switches on as soon as motion is detected, shining a light on any unwanted guests, while the...
- The Key is in the Detail: Capture every event that occurs around your home in ultra-clear 2K resolution.
- No Hidden Costs: SoloCam is a one-time purchase. There are no monthly fees or hidden costs. Everything is done on-device for complete security and...
- Relevant Recordings: The built-in AI ensures SoloCam S40 only records when a person is present, rather than an animal.
- Solar Powered and IP65 Waterproof: This 100% Wireless Installation wireless security camera with a solar panel and built-in 9600 mAh rechargeable...
- 2K Color Night Vision: Outdoor security camera system has advanced HD resolution of 2304*1297, equipped with 4 infrared LED lights,night vision...
- Upgraded PIR Motion Detection and Acousto-Optic Alarm: Using upgraded Al algorithm and PIR, outdoor camera enhance humanoid recognition to reduce...
- Two-Way Talk: The WiFi security camera has a built-in microphone and speaker system, which provides two-way high-fidelity conversations all the time.
- Add to Cart Now! Download CloudEdge App and scan to connect your phone and the wireless security camera. Let Acelerar protect you from now on. You can...
- Solar Powered WiFi Camera with Rechargeable Battery: This Ankway self-sufficient outdoor security camera includes a high-grade solar panel and a solar...
- 100% Wireless Simple Installation& Stable Connection: Dual 4 dBi antenna provides stable connection. Two installation method available (Integrated/...
- 1080P FHD with Color Night Vision& Intelligent Spotlight: 1920*1080P FHD with Zoom-in function to identify recognizable details, such as license...
- Smart PIR Detection& Instant Phone Alerts: Equipped with the most Intelligent PIR motion sensor with built-in radar, this solar camera will detect...
- Two Way Audio& Multiple User Available: Built-in mic and speaker on the camera help you to communicate with your friends, family members, post man, or...
- Rechargeable Camera with Solar Panel: This wireless rechargeable camera comes with an eco-friendly solar panel that will supply power to your security...
- 1080P HD Image Quality, Smart Motion Detection: The wireless security camera provides 1080P HD quality video plus audio recording you access with your...
- Easy to Install and Use: The security cameras wireless outdoor provides the flexibility to be installed in any area. The wireless security camera...
- Night Vision, Waterproof: This wireless cameras for home security provides a 130 degree wide angle. It will automatically adjust to the ambient light...
- Wireless, Two Way Audio: The outdoor camera wireless has a built-in microphone and speaker that supports real-time, two-way audio calls that can be...
- 🌞 [High capacity battery/outdoor compatible]: Including rechargeable batteries, large capacity 10400mAh, and long standby time. Wiring such as...
- 🌞【Smart PIR Motion Detection/Remote viewing】Motion sensitivity can be adjusted to avoid false alarms makes the camera to catch what you really...
- 🌞【Two-way Audio & Cloud Storage】With built-in microphone and speaker, you can hear and speak with people beside the camera via phone App. We...
- 🌞📹【Full HD 1080P & IR Night Vision】📹 With the full HD 1080P outdoor wifi camera, you can clearly see the detail of the video. The night...
- 🌞 [Complete wireless/simple setting]: When you receive this Battery Powered Outdoor Security Camera, be sure to charge it for 12 hours before using...